Friday, August 22, 2008

A Small Step Forward

The bedding arrived and I love it! I think the richer colors work well with the chocolate brown walls. Now I just need to find some fun pictures to put on the walls. Aaron has been painting the base boards which have been on our 'to do' list since we put them in nearly two years ago. Lucky me, its a little too hard to bend over or sit on the hardwood floors for too long, so I got out of the project.


I have my first baby shower this weekend which I am super excited about. I was telling a co-worker this morning that its a little surreal to be going to a baby shower for myself, because only people who are about to have babies get showers. It's a little crazy that I qualify for a baby shower!

I also ordered our car seat this week. We decided on the Graco SnugRide Platinum. One of my girlfriends called this week to make sure I wasn't 'freaking out,' after she read my last post. I don't feel anxious or scared about the baby, I just feel more focused and determined to get my house and life organized before he makes an entrance. So many of the things on my list are projects or things I've wanted to get accomplished for months and just haven't gotten around to it.

Which leads me to my last point. I am a procrastinator. And lately, I am really bothered by this part of my personality. Timeliness and organization are also not necessarily my strong suits and I really want to shed some of my bad habits. So, if you have any tricks or advice on how to procrastinate less and organize more...please send me your recommendations.

3 comments:

Ripe for Reading said...

I love the way the nursery is shaping up.

Just remember that there will always be projects to work on--post baby so it's OK if you don't get everything done before he comes.

But I am the same way. I like it all wrapped up in a bow and organized beforehand.

RE: Procrastinating? Ugh. That, too, is part of my personality. Just try and remind yourself when you complete a task how good it feels to be done with it so that it can inspire you to work down your to-do list.

Enjoy the shower!

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

I love the bedding!

mom2lo said...

Awwww! The nursery is looking just perfect! I can't wait for hubs and I to try for #2 (fingers crossed for a boy!).

Okay, I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Organization! And my philosophy is simple: make a list. I keep lots of lists, mostly electronically on my MacBook, but also in a little notebook sometimes, too. When you think of something that needs to be done, write it down. Check the list often, and prioritize it with the most important items at the top of the list. I can't tell you how much satisfaction I get from crossing one of those items off!

Good luck!