Sunday, November 23, 2008

The First of Many Posts About Christmas

Saturday started off as usual...just hanging out. But since our family will be traveling for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, Christmas is coming early to our house.
So we got all bundled up and headed for the mountains!
To find the perfect Christmas tree! And thankfully we had spotted this beauty over the summer and actually remembered where to find it!
Unfortunately, Aaron's behind got a little chilly in the process.
Can you tell Aaron is excited for Christmas?

Jackson wasn't all that impressed with the snow or the cutting down of his first ever Christmas tree. He decided to catch a few zzz's instead.

Can you tell how big the tree is? I think we are going to have to cut off a few feet!
Remington's expression sums it up best -- pure bliss.
It's amazing what a little fresh snow, cold mountain air and good company will do for the soul. Tis the season!
(I guess I should mention that the tree isn't actually coming in the house until after Thanksgiving...Aaron put his foot down.)

5 comments:

Ripe for Reading said...

I started playing Christmas music yesterday and my husband didn't like it. He asked if I could wait until after Thanksgiving. What a Scrooge! : ) Enjoy this time!

diana said...

Fun!! I want to go get my christmas tree! I have to wait though until next week too...men.

Anonymous said...

When I look at Aaron standing with the tree, all I can think of is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.... "Hey Griswald, where do you think you are going to put that tree?" "Bend over and I'll show you"

Mary said...

It looked like a wonderful "family" afternoon! Thanks for sharing it with all of your readers. P.S How's Rem doing with the new addition to his family?

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

cute pictures! The holidays are going to be so much fun this year with little ones around!