Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Road Trip

A couple of bullet points because the baby is squawking and I haven't had my allocated 1/2 cup of coffee yet this morning:
  • First full week of stay-at-home mommying under my belt and overall it was awesome. We had one pretty hard day last week but other than that, it's been a lot of fun. I just need to figure out when I can clean my house, because that needs to happen at some point.
  • We took Jackson to Spokane over the weekend and had our first overnight! He was a dream in the car and it was super fun to introduce him to our family.
  • I nursed the baby in an Arby's parking lot in Moses Lake, nothing says being a mom like whipping out your boob in a fast food parking lot.
  • I can button a few pairs of my jeans, but I have a long ways to go. I'm looking forward to two weeks from now when I have the clearance to work out, but it's another thing to add to my day when the days already fly by.
  • Jackson loves his bath! In an attempt to start building a routine, we give him a bath every night. It seems to calm him if he's fussy and sort of help him wind down to go to sleep.
  • We've had a few nights of five hour sleep stretches but we went a bit backwards last night..oh well.

More to come I'm sure...when my brain works a little better.

1 comment:

Ripe for Reading said...

Ahh, yes, parking lot nursing!! Love it! Glad to hear all is going well. Ian is going on 12 weeks Friday and I STILL don't know how to get the house clean. Plus I have no desire to : )