Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Complaint

I don't want this blog to turn into a big whine fest, but today its unavoidable. Today is one of those days where I wish I would have stayed in bed. As everyone knows, its not wise to blog about your work...we are all familiar with Dooce right?

But today's rant is compliments of my workplace. Every Tuesday morning I have to sit in the most boring two hour "executive team" meetings and listen to people talk about NOTHING!!! The meeting is a waste of time and mostly just an opportunity for my boss to hear herself talk. I think the most frustrating is that everyone sitting around the table wants nothing to do with our boss, yet no one has enough balls to do something about it. No one will take the initiative to go to our board or confront her.

Obviously, I'm no better than the rest because I'm complaining about it versus actually doing anything. I was really having second thoughts about taking the other job because as frustrated as I am, I do love the agency and feel loyalty to it. But today...today I feel like quitting and taking the other job regardless of the fact that its part-time.

On a positive note, I'm going to LA in two weeks for a three day conference and in a month I will be on the sandy beaches of Kauai. I think that's about all the motivation I have to get me through today...

No comments: