Thursday, January 1, 2009

Full Circle

This questionaire was my very first post a year ago. So...to celebrate my one year blogging anniversary and because it's fun to look back and compare, I decided to do it again.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
went to hawaii, got pregnant and gave birth (in that order...)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolution was to get moer organized...since I mostly failed at it, I think I'll take another stab at it in 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
It was the year of babies...several friends and family members had babies!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Both Aaron and I lost our grandpa's this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries...but several counties. Does that count?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Jeans that give good ass

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 23 -- the day my son was born. The absolute most amazing day of my entire life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The birth of Jackson Eugene and my emergence as a mother

9. What was your biggest failure?
I had lots of work drama in 2008 and I think I could have channeled my frustration better and been more professional.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bob Jogger -- I've only used it a few times, but it's hands down my favorite 'kid thing' and Jackson loves it too.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend Trisha who stayed with me from the minute I went into labor all the way through delivery. She was an amazing friend and support system for me. (Not to say Aaron wasn't incredible, but he had to be there...she didn't)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm pleading the fifth on this one...

14. Where did most of your money go?
House, baby, groceries

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The birth of my baby -- I'm seeing a theme here. 2008 was the year of the baby.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Colbie Caillat -- Realize

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer?
happie, fatter and richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with my family specifically my brothers

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had eaten less sweets, complained about life less and worried less

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Five jam packed days with Aaron's family in the snowstorm of the decade.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Oh yeah...he's a bit on the chuncky side, doesn't have much hair but he's the baby of my dreams.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope

24. What was the best book you read?
Grace Eventually by Ann Lamott

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lucille and Kanye West -- American Boy (my inner hip hop 13-year-old self loves this song!)

26. What did you want and get?
A baby, a downstairs bathroom, riding boots

27. What did you want and not get?
A new job -- although I did secure one for 2009, details coming!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The business of being born

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent it at Willows Lodge (which I highly reccomend), I turned 26

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly, nothing. It was a fantastic year. There are always small things but nothing could have made it immeasurably more satisfying.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Preppy casual

32. What kept you sane?
My husband, Starbucks, good friends, excersizing and blogging

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm...probably any celebrity who was pregnant.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Presidential race

35. Who did you miss?
My family

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many! Some great friendships were forged in 2008

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
God's plan is always better than my plan. (Sounds ridiculously cheesy but I've lived it this year...)

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm passing on this one because I can't honestly even think of an appropriate song.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this...I may have to steal it. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Okay, wish me luck- I just ordered the 30 day shred and I also ordered Bob's yoga workout too!