Saturday, January 17, 2009

Special

My husband sent me a sweet surprise yesterday! It was so awesome to answer the door and see these waiting for me. The bright cheery colors were the perfect anecdote to a long week and the yucky gray weather outside.

It has been a challenging week with Jack. Just when I thought we were getting into a routine with him, he decided to start waking up multiple times a night again. I've gone to all my baby books, talked with friends, called my mom for advice and searched the Internet to try and find a solution on why this baby had given up sleep.

I think a couple of things are going on; it's time to stop swaddling him, he needs more daytime sleep and he might be going through his three month growth spurt. The swaddle issue is tough because it really helps him go to sleep but he seems to fight it quite a bit while he is asleep and it wakes him up. Also, he has recently found his hands and anytime he is awake, his fingers are in his mouth. This is great since he doesn't take a binky, but tough because if he isn't swaddled for a nap, he is waking himself up by trying to suck on his hands.

Oddly enough, the baby slept his 'usual' 8 hours last night from 8:30 to 4:30am. He woke up to eat and went right back to sleep until about 8am. I don't know what's going on...


This is one of those times when I really wish there was a manual to raising children. The rule follower in me just wants somebody to tell me what to do.

It's a good thing he is so deliciously adorable. I think I'll keep him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Parker has been kinda doing the same thing. I think that he just isn't getting enough sleep during the day. He seems to want to be awake more during the day, we love to keep him up and playing now that he is smiling but when we keep do he is extra crabby at night- too sleepy to sleep- and definately pissed about it. Good luck-Keep up the hard work and tell Aaron I said nice job on the flowers:)