Monday, October 6, 2008

High Hopes

I had such high hopes of having a baby this weekend. Granted, I knew it was a little early, but I did everything I could to induce labor. I went for a massage on Saturday morning, I ate Mexican food for lunch, I've faithfully been taking evening primrose oil supplements, I've been walking. I even spent a little time behind closed doors with the husband...nothing!

So what do you do when labor seems like a distant pipe dream, you can't sleep and everything hurts? I don't know...if you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

I did have a slight epiphany last night as Aaron and I were on our hundredth walk of the weekend; this could be one of the last walks he and I would take just the two of us for a really long time. These are the final days as a 'couple.' And as much as I want to savor these final days, the giant belly with it's protruding alien elbows and achy pelvis are keeping me slightly distracted.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm attempting to be patient, but I would really like to have this baby. I am so done being pregnant and so ready to meet this little man.

2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Well we've talked a ton, but i'm a firm believer in nesting! If there is anything on a to do list that hasn't gotten done that you really want/need done....you need to do it, and then the baby will come! Plus a massage!

Unknown said...

I know this sounds weird, but I have heard from a couple women that tried to enduce themselves that a deep foot massage, sex and the weirdest one: nipple stimulation (maybe try out your pump), work the best. Let me know what seems to work the best, I know I'll be there soon enough! We are keeping you in our prayers!!