Friday, October 3, 2008

T-Minus 14 Days

I feel like a whale. After making it through the sweltering summer months with no swelling to speak of, my feet decided they were done and swelled up about three sizes, two nights ago. No big deal, I said to myself, I'll just drink lots of water and put them up for the day...it's a good excuse to hang out on the couch, but none of my efforts helped.

This baby seems to be nice and comfy in my uterus. He rolls and kicks all day long letting me know he very much likes his tight little quarters. I keep telling him he would have so much more fun outside of the womb, but he's not buying my sales pitch. I'm going for a massage tomorrow and I continue to walk everyday, so hopefully we can get things going this week. I might even risk it and eat some spicy tacos tonight...I'll pay for it, but it might just be worth it.
__ __ __

In other blabbering, I would really like to hear what people thought about last night's VP debate. I thought it was more compelling than the presidential debate and I thought both candidates did surprisingly well. To be completely honest, I am still undecided. I lean republican but I have some reservations about the McCain Palin ticket. At the same time, I don't know that Obama and Biden are our answer. Aaron and I have been having some good debates (its hard to debate about the bailout plan with a commercial banker...not something I would recommend, unless you want a 10 year history on banking and mortgage products...)

Interestingly, for the first time in my life, I actually care about the campaign. I read the news everyday, hungry for more information about our candidates policies and plans. I want answers. It just seems like there's too much at stake not to be listening, learning and asking questions.

So tell me, if you feel comfortable, who are you voting for and why?

2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

What....did you move up your massage date??? Get ready!!!

What does aaron have to say about the bail out? I don't really understand it and would like to know what a banker thinks!

Fine For Now said...

I plan on voting for McCain/Palin because I always lean Republican. I too am more interested in this election than any before. I don't know if it is because we are getting older or if more is at stake this time around :)