Saturday, October 18, 2008

Waiting Hopefully...part two

In an effort to induce labor I have tried the following:

  • walking
  • jumping
  • massage with pressure points
  • evening primrose oil
  • raspberry leaf tea
  • spicy food
  • lovin'
  • praying (pleading is probably more accurate)
  • begging...the baby, God, my body and Aaron to just do something already!

But, it has been in vain, because here I am one day past my due date and no baby in sight. I think one of the reasons this waiting game is so challenging is because my body is certainly "preparing" for labor, it's just not actually going into labor. I was reading the pre-labor symptoms in one of my baby books last night and basically I have every sign except consistent contractions that continue to ramp up. Oh well.

This is such an exercise in patience...

I had a small epiphany this afternoon, that this is just one more thing in my life that I can't control. I can't control when this baby is going to arrive, all I can do is wait patiently and have a good attitude while I wait. So much harder to do than say; I won't lie.
Here is one last frightening picture of myself, 40 full weeks. I can't believe that belly, there had better be a giant baby in there.

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

WOW! Mamma your one hot chick! Just enjoy those last few kicks of him in there!